The Scrum Master will be responsible for supporting multiple Professional Services teams and will provide leadership, direction and coaching to the teams to support and encourage the adoption of agile principles and practices, with the goal of guiding the team toward self-direction and self-management. The Scrum Master will facilitate Scrum ceremonies, work to remove impediments, and support the team in meeting their sprint objectives. They will act as a servant leader and protect the team. Scrum master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They increase their team's efficiency, motivate their team, challenge team for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. Ensures observance of DoD (Definition of Done).
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as 3M, Siemens, Trek, Heineken, Whirlpool and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and the Americas headquarters in Madison, WI.
- Promote Agile values, principles and practices within the teams.
- Leads, protects and supports the teams (multiple Scrum teams).
- Facilitates daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the team to encourage good agile practices.
- Fosters a “learn by doing” environment.
- Encourages and facilitate cross-team coordination, collaboration, and process improvement.
- Collaborates to achieve goals and lead others to do so by example.
- Encourages a positive team environment including conflict resolution, encourages open communication, and encouraging collaboration within the team and other departments.
- Removes impediments for the teams and escalate as appropriate.
Required Experience and Skill:
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master for one or more Scrum teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of KANBAN methodology and framework
- Understands the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Strong servant leadership skills.
- Experience with change management process and
- Knowledge of effective facilitation tools and ability to adjust based on the team’s needs.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing.
- Ability to assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Agile / Scrum Industry Certification(s).
- Lean Methodology Certification(s) and/or experience.
- Experience with TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps and Trello.
- Prior experience in accounting, finance, or order processing.
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle EBS, Oracle JDE, other ERP
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.