Business Development Manager- P2P Focus (Position is on a temporary hold)
**Due to COVID-19, this position has been placed on a temporary hold.
If you’re the engaging, unafraid-of-a-challenge type with New Business hunting sales experience under your belt, Esker may have the ideal position for you to let your talents shine and compete in a highly competitive marketplace.
Working out of either our Denver office, or a home-based office in the northwestern US, we’re actively looking to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our U.S. sales team and serve a dedicated U.S. territory, specifically Washington, Oregon, and Northern California, as well as British of Columbia and Toronto. As a BDM, you will be responsible for expanding Esker’s client base by selling Business Process automation solutions within the territory.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as Sony, Trek, Heineken, John Deere and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and two U.S. locations in Madison, WI, and Denver, CO.
- Building new business via various outbound targeted messaging
- Networking and asking for referrals, as well as doing lead qualification
- Use various sales methodologies to qualify the sales opportunity, and uncover various stakeholders, alternatives, internal processes, and Budget/ROI requirements
- Cross-selling products into existing accounts
- Travel to customer/prospect meetings, as well as attend regional events, within the designated U.S territory
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent training) in business or a related field
- The ability, experience and discipline to allocate time to prospect for new sales and not rely on leads from Marketing.
- Hunting is 90% of the role, while farming would be the remaining 10%: strong hunting background is highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years of external sales experience
- Experience selling high-end software based solutions including SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Clear understanding of business processes (e.g., sales order processing, account receivable, accounts payable, etc.)
- Strong telephone skills coupled with a professional approach to customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Oracle , SAP® and or other ERP solutions
- Travel averages from 20% normally thru to 30% during peak Tradeshow periods.
- Constant learner
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.